Belfast sink nightmare

Can't the sink unit be lowered? Are the legs not adjustable?
Don't get the fascination with Belfast sinks...you end up breaking so many plates/cups...they are not forgiving.

Sponsored Links
Looks like a classic Belrast slink from the orient. gasbanni's requlest for a photo makes sense

The pictures are so bad that it's almost impossible to work out what's going on. The OP would do better to borrow a proper camera with manual focussing or focus hold and exposure override so as to get a decent shot that's in focus and not over-exposed. Then the experienced eyes on here can advise on whether a bodge is possible or whether it's best to email the pics to the manufacturer and demand a replacement sink. Is it ceramic or some kind of plastic?

Edit: if borrowing a decent camera isn't possible, try covering the hole (on the other side, obviously) with a pale but contrasting piece of board so that A - the camera exposes correctly for the white of the sink and B - the camera focuses on the area of interest and not one foot away through the hole.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
They remind me of our 1950's council house, when I was a nipper.

Yep, horrible great lumps. Always the sort of thing that school caretakers filled their mop buckets from. Strange what people think is trendy or desirable these days. I would smash the thing with a lump hammer and drop a quality stainless steel one in the hole. :)

Yep, horrible great lumps. Always the sort of thing that school caretakers filled their mop buckets from. Strange what people think is trendy or desirable these days. I would smash the thing with a lump hammer and drop a quality stainless steel one in the hole. :)
Which is what I use mine for in my utility room. Saves using the good kitchen sink for buckets etc. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back