Belfast sink nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I hope someone can help. On the 3rd January we had new granite tops fitted and a butler sink with new taps. The sink was something I had always wanted and our kitchen was in bad need of repair so this was supposed to be a happy time! However, the work tops went on and the sink went in and the taps fitted. When the waste pipes went on under the sink we thought all was ok but the next morning there was a puddle of water in the new cabinet underneath. The plumber came back and pulled the waste apart and put mastic in. Again there was a leak. Then he purchased a better quality metal waste but again it leaked. He then felt all around the hole in the sink and said that he thought the problem was a bad mould of the hole as there was a groove creating a u shape in the circle where he thought the water was coming out and just bending the rubber washer. He then said he would come back today (almost a week on without being able to use the kitchen sink) with a thick polywasher which he thought would hold the water in but now just had a phone call saying that he couldn't get one anywhere. I am so upset that the problem isn't fixed and my worst fear is that the granite tops will have to be taken up and the sink replaced. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
Hi! I hope this is ok. It was very difficult getting close to it.

Attachments

• DSC03287.JPG
    DSC03287.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 235
Hi I hope this is ok. It was difficult getting close to it.
DSC03287.JPG

Sponsored Links
Terry I'm hoping we don't have to take the sink back. Is there anything we can do?

Andy!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Why doesn't my plumber know about this? Thank you so much!!

Its a fault in the sink ,and plumber will struggle like hell to make that watertight ,if its even possible .

It is a very good product as it dries in a few minutes and can be moulded with your fingers. Then your good to go.

Many thanks for the kisses!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back