Policing Bill - hold my bear China

"There is a logic to this apparent contradiction. In his recent history of conservatism, the veteran political journalist Edmund Fawcett describes how the “hard right” ideology that has come to dominate many mainstream rightwing parties around the world today is part of an attempt to reconcile free-market business interests with the promise of greater cultural and economic security. The only way these can be given coherence is through the construction of a common enemy – the liberal elite – from whom the people must be defended. If the right is to hold together the coalition of voters it drew together so powerfully in the 2019 election, then it needs to keep on railing against this enemy."

Hook, line and sinker.

Sponsored Links
I was only half joking when I mentioned eventual reactions to brexit. The law seems to be aimed at any form of protest.

The Paris so called riots are an example of what can happen. Protest turns into a riot. That episode reminds me of so called kettling. Even the name is rather suggestive. Kettles boil water. Constrain a large crowd into a small area and the same thing is more likely to happen.

Like it or not countries are showing increases in supporting political popularism where popular ideas that may not take any account of reality in the world or fact are pushed and also increasing influence of right wing think tanks who's essential aim is to justify what they believe is the correct route for a country to take - in there view. The 2 things tend to go together. The fact that the right wing aspects don't really achieve anything for most of a population encourages popularism votes. The right wing aspects even make use of popularism themselves.

I was only half joking when I mentioned eventual reactions to brexit. The law seems to be aimed at any form of protest.

The Paris so called riots are an example of what can happen. Protest turns into a riot. That episode reminds me of so called kettling. Even the name is rather suggestive. Kettles boil water. Constrain a large crowd into a small area and the same thing is more likely to happen.

Like it or not countries are showing increases in supporting political popularism where popular ideas that may not take any account of reality in the world or fact are pushed and also increasing influence of right wing think tanks who's essential aim is to justify what they believe is the correct route for a country to take - in there view. The 2 things tend to go together. The fact that the right wing aspects don't really achieve anything for most of a population encourages popularism votes. The right wing aspects even make use of popularism themselves.

From populism we get to authoritarianism.

Politicians have lost their ability to leads because they cannot sqaure the circle of pushing free market economics and the costs, these costs they try mitigate with a welfare system which then comes under the ire of the Right Wingers who stoke anger and hostility agains these freeloaders so the focus shifts from reorganising markers to create fairer outcomes to a culture and class war.

Sponsored Links
What really needs to come to an end is parliamentary privilege to make them responsible for what they say. It's even crept out of the house these days.

Back