polisher

Sponsored Links
DL_508Tumbleweed_TUMBLEWEED_ROLLS_NEXT_TO_FREEWAY.gif

Just a further comment, for this particular tool I'm not considering cordless, reason being it will be run for considerable periods of time, which is something that cordless tools, as massively improved in the years that they have been around, still struggle with.

... and always will, I'd say (still struggle with high power/long run time work).

The only modern corded tool I'm familiar with is the Bosch GPO14CE which I've borrowed a couple of times to polish out spray jobs. 800 watts and variable speed. Does the job a lot easier than using a drill with a mop head. Has the right sort of speed range (750 to 3000rpm). A definite improvement over the old single fixed speed Bosch I had for years. Angle grinder shape makes it convenient to use for long periods and the weight and size is somewhere between a 115mm grinder and a 230mm one, so not too bad.

Sponsored Links
It catches on something, wraps around it - pulls the mains lead out with 2 bare ends that then short onto the wet car your family are helping you polish and it electrocutes your entire family because your RCD is faulty.

Or something like that... maybe worse. :) :)

It catches on something, wraps around it - pulls the mains lead out with 2 bare ends that then short onto the wet car your family are helping you polish and it electrocutes your entire family because your RCD is faulty.

Or something like that... maybe worse. :) :)

All very plausible until you got to "your family are helping you polish"

Go 110 volt. Much safer - apart from the risk of back strain from dragging a transformer around.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back