Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can see how various political parties down the years and now have struggled to hold themselves together, with in-fighting, bickering and disagreements on all sorts of levels.

So I suppose it's no surprise that unaffiliated people struggle to hold a decent debate without swearing, insults and resorting to mention a certain B word at the drop of a hat, resulting in some decent threads with legs being locked left, right and centre, if you'll excuse the political pun.

But do you think we could try from now on?

Sponsored Links
Can you stop people from writing such vile hateful stuff that no right-thinking person can let it pass by with just an "Oh I say, old chap, that's not very nice", but instead have to follow the moral imperative to leave them, and everybody else, in do doubt that what they said was vile and hateful?

Can you stop people repeatedly telling lies?

Can you stop people posting things which are such utter reality-denying fantasies that there can be no limit to the ridicule which they deserve?

We could (y)

Would it be boring though?

What I find interesting is what drives the poster to write insults.

Probably 90% of debating is dishonest

There are only 2 honest debating tactics:
Pointing out errors or omissions in your opponents facts, or logic

Sponsored Links
Can you stop people from writing such vile hateful stuff that no right-thinking person can let it pass by with just an "Oh I say, old chap, that's not very nice", but instead have to follow the moral imperative to leave them, and everybody else, in do doubt that what they said was vile and hateful?

Can you stop people repeatedly telling lies?

Can you stop people posting things which are such utter reality-denying fantasies that there can be no limit to the ridicule which they deserve?
People can hold these POV's. But there are ways to express feelings and opinions without swearing and hurling insults at each other.

I can see how various political parties down the years and now have struggled to hold themselves together, with in-fighting, bickering and disagreements on all sorts of levels.

So I suppose it's no surprise that unaffiliated people struggle to hold a decent debate without swearing, insults and resorting to mention a certain B word at the drop of a hat, resulting in some decent threads with legs being locked left, right and centre, if you'll excuse the political pun.

I agree

IMHO it's about time some in here made an attempt to act like adults

All I can say is that Transam sets a high bar and leads by example
:cool:

There are only 2 honest debating tactics:
Pointing out errors or omissions in your opponents facts, or logic

Funny you should say that... (y)

notchy_ignorant2.JPG

notchy_immigration4.JPG

People can hold these POV's. But there are ways to express feelings and opinions without swearing and hurling insults at each other.
I fully agree with you.
If only those resorting to vile abuse would realise that such abuse totally undermines their credibility.
It does nothing to further harmony, or understanding of each others' POV.
It exacerbates division in society.
It encourages and entrenches tribalism among proponents of opposing views.

Very much doubt it,,when you write the biggest load of crap about so many people

Good luck with that,,especially with BAS,,the most miserable insulting humourless piece of s..t on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back