polystarine ceiling tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are in the process of buying a bungalow of which all rooms have these polystarine tiles on the ceilings.What are the rules pertaining to these tiles and are they expensive to get removedwould appreciate any advice before we fully commit ourselves

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt let it put you off. they can cause problems in a fire so i would remove. it can go two ways they can be hiding a load of problems or the ceilings could be perfect, your lucky its a bungalow. insidently the name bungalow came about in the 50s when two irish fellas were building a house and ran out of bricks, not to be detured mick said "bung a low roof on it" ;) . at a guess i would say they are sound, these tiles were once fashionable and with it being a bungalow i assume previous tennant are elderly and they liked this sort of thing.

I've just taken some off a staircase ceiling.

Scraped the tiles off leaving the blobs of adhesive. Removed the pan off my steam-stripper and directed the nozzle at each blob individually, scraping them off easily.

Growler said:
I've just taken some off a staircase ceiling.

Scraped the tiles off leaving the blobs of adhesive. Removed the pan off my steam-stripper and directed the nozzle at each blob individually, scraping them off easily.

Make sure steam-stripper has water in and is turned on or it wont work.

Sponsored Links
jbonding said:
insidently the name bungalow came about in the 50s when two irish fellas were building a house and ran out of bricks, not to be detured mick said "bung a low roof on it" ;) .

i thought some of mine were bad, that's terrible

breezer said:
jbonding said:
insidently the name bungalow came about in the 50s when two irish fellas were building a house and ran out of bricks, not to be detured mick said "bung a low roof on it" ;) .

the old ones are the best :D :D :D :D
[or the worst :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ]

breezer said:
jbonding said:

Its true ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back