Pool heatpump fan stopped

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I bought a heatpump, and been using if for less than 2 weeks and the fan has stopped.

Casing has condensation on it and it hums, so I assume the heating part is working, just the fan not working.

I have contacted the company, requesting engineer, or replacement, getting no replies (I think they are understaffed).

Although it would obviously be less efficient without the fan running to draw in warm air, if it is still heating then I should benefit from it still?

I have an expensive to run 2.2kw pool heater that I could use instead. Was really hoping to have the pool warm again this weekend. The heatpump got the pool up to 30 degrees when I first used it, so it def worked.

Can't decide if I should just leave it on in the hope that it is still helping (note, I turned it off last week when we had rain and cloud for 5 days, but looking like the weekend should be OK), or disconnect it and plug in the element heater.

If I have to drive to the shop I got it from (ordered online, but company is only 20 minute drive away) I could demand a refund or replacement in store. Looks like this model has sold out so I suspect replacement not possible.

Pool currently at 22 degrees, think it was below 20 yesterday when I turned the heater on, so might be getting warmer. Hard to tell at the moment.

Sponsored Links
I have contacted the company, requesting engineer, or replacement, getting no replies (I think they are understaffed).

As always your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer.

Can't decide if I should just leave it on in the hope that it is still helping (note, I turned it off last week when we had rain and cloud for 5 days, but looking like the weekend should be OK),

No, the fan might burn out.

You bought it online. You have plenty or rights especially as it is only 2 weeks.

Fixed. Took it to the company and they repaired it. The transformer failed, which only powers the fan. New one put in.

Much happier now, they were nice guys. I think they are swamped and no idea how they will cope if this becomes a common fault on all the machines they've sent out, but at least I am only 15 minute away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back