Pooling On New EPDM Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently in the process of having an extension built and the EPDM warm roof has just been done. First downpour and it’s pooling in the corner nearest the house, is this acceptable and will it cause problems? May also be where a join is.

TIA

Attachments

• 50293408-3E87-48AC-B3DD-BF75310EEEAC.jpeg
    50293408-3E87-48AC-B3DD-BF75310EEEAC.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 189
Sponsored Links
If that was me, I'd have out in 3 outlets. One on each end and one in the centre. This would have eliminated this. Nothing can be done now. If the EPDM is on properly then it won't leak however they should have atleast sloped the timber in the direction of the outlet.

Any other pics of it.

Currently in the process of having an extension built and the EPDM warm roof has just been done. First downpour and it’s pooling in the corner nearest the house, is this acceptable and will it cause problems? May also be where a join is.

TIA
The falls are done wrong.

they’ve done the firrings so the fall runs parallel to the house wall, towards the outlet, however they’ve kept the roof flat perpendicular to the house wall.

setting out firrings on a roof with a lantern takes some head scratching as there are multiple directions needed to ensure falls run away from all corners.

they should’ve had a firring “valley” running from the outlet towards the house where the picture was taken. And then set out firrings down to that.

another outlet may solve, it depends whether the groundwork’s / landscaping is done yet.

Sponsored Links
More outlets are more risk.

Were they registered installers? Firestone or suchlike? If so, get the rep out to confirm that it's in accordance with their guidance (it does not appear to be)

setting out firrings on a roof with a lantern takes some head scratching as there are multiple directions needed to ensure falls run away from all corners
Really?

It's a flat roof, it falls in the direction of the side with the gutter, which is one direction normally, and the lantern is irrelevant

Really?

It's a flat roof, it falls in the direction of the side with the gutter, which is one direction normally, and the lantern is irrelevant

I don't think it's firestone. There outlets are finished different unless these installers haven't fitted them correctly.

Thanks for the comments. They are firestone registered I believe.

The firrings all run in one direction away from the house to two outlets in each corner. The firrings nearest the house they “created the firrings themselves” which is why it’s pooling in that corner I believe. As I reckon they have made them lower than the firrings they are joining onto.

Attachments

• 4E97631E-0AA3-432E-A909-2A1BD3383393.jpeg
    4E97631E-0AA3-432E-A909-2A1BD3383393.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 111

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back