Poor behaviour on an aircraft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate this may have been done to death but......
Ibiza is my all time favourite Spanish destination - I've been going there twice yearly since 1986 :eek: sad, maybe but it suits me.
The latest flight however was something else.....I'm well used to people being loud and excited but its the first time I've experienced 1) People phoning each other as the aircraft was taxiing for takeoff 2) Patting the bum of one of the (female) cabin crew 3) Smuggling booze on board (the trick here is to buy a bottle of water airside, pour the water away and refill with vodka or similar) 4) Totally ignoring the pre flight safety briefing 5) As much foul language as could be mustered......etc etc.
I appreciate that much money is made through booze and everyone should be allowed to have a drink but things are getting rather out of hand.
I was very pleased to land.
What is the solution? Is there one?
John :)

Sponsored Links
It was actually Jet2 - a wonderful airline in every way, particularly as I'm only 20 mins from Newcastle airport :D
We Geordies seem to be particularly skilled in larish behaviour, which is a somewhat dubious crown :mrgreen:
I think I'll avoid Thursday afternoon flights - that could make me miss the San Antonio stag and hen scene as I head for Sta Eularia!

The airlines ought to have a dedicated Booze Cruise equivalent for aircraft. They could play games like 'rock the aircraft' or 'turbulence tumble' or 'see how long you can hold on when we open the door' or 'oxygen intoxication'.

Think it will catch on.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate this may have been done to death but......
Ibiza is my all time favourite Spanish destination - I've been going there twice yearly since 1986 :eek: sad, maybe but it suits me.
The latest flight however was something else.....I'm well used to people being loud and excited but its the first time I've experienced 1) People phoning each other as the aircraft was taxiing for takeoff 2) Patting the bum of one of the (female) cabin crew 3) Smuggling booze on board (the trick here is to buy a bottle of water airside, pour the water away and refill with vodka or similar) 4) Totally ignoring the pre flight safety briefing 5) As much foul language as could be mustered......etc etc.
I appreciate that much money is made through booze and everyone should be allowed to have a drink but things are getting rather out of hand.
I was very pleased to land.
What is the solution? Is there one?

I can give you many examples of where I've personally seen people treated appaulingly because they wanted to drink their own alchcol, or became distressed when someones screaming bastard child wouldn't leave them alone, for everyone to then turn on them as though it was their fault and not the parent's of the child.

You forget the airlines already have a monopoly on alcohol that's why in theory you can't drink your own, but as you see, people still do. For the most part though it is effective at stopping people from drinking their own, and allows the airline to charge huge premiums on bog standard booze if someone wants a drink, as they are convinced they have to buy theirs. They have a lot of legislation at their disposal to use against customers that are going against the airlines policy, they can even ban them. An alternative would be a US style airline policy, where a passenger travelling United Airlines was beaten half to death for not complying with cabin crew orders. This is what happens when you give troglodytes absolute power.

I would ask what 'one size fits all' you expect to see implemented and whether or not you were just extremely unlucky in getting that rabble, and to just take it on the chin? Most people HATE flying, including me. From the word go you are treated as an animal and have to suffer that, and you would be surprised to know the vast majority of people hate airliness, hate how they are treated, and their opinion of these companies couldn't be any lower.

A solution? Go by train, car or boat?

Last edited:
Such behaviour is promoted and, indeed, lauded in the media.

The media's excuse is that they only reflect the public. Well, DON'T.

We sat behind three young lads on a Thai Airways flight to Bangkok, scheduled full service flight so plenty of free drinks, they drank at least two litres of duty free vodka between them as well as the free drinks, thankfully they were well behaved and eventually fell asleep

They should not flog booze on the plane imho

Any one boozed up or suspected of being boozed up should not be allowed to fly or get on the plane

any one who is on the plane prior to take off that is boozed up should be asked to get off if they refuse a*** of trousers & scruff of the neck & slung off with a boot up the arris for good measure

Any one causing mayhem on a flight should be detained on arrival frog marched into a dentention room & have deep heat squirted up or around there arris no exceptions

same go's for any drunk turning up at a hospital causing mayhem they should be slung out.

I can give you many examples of where I've personally seen people treated appaulingly because they wanted to drink their own alchcol,
You forget the airlines already have a monopoly on alcohol that's why in theory you can't drink your own,
Bloody nerve of it! I went into a pub the other day and exactly the same thing happened. I'm definitely going to take my own food to the Italian restaurant next week. Mark my words.

Sponsored Links
Back