poor fuel consumption

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently bought a mercedes C220 CDI coupe. Am only managing to get 28 mpg driving gently. Does any one know if this is normal as I was expecting more like 38? Any thoughts/ideas appreciated

Sponsored Links
googled and this bloke recons he has been getting 40mpg

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Mercedes_C220_cdi_Sports_Coupe__Review_5647327

Most Mercs are automatic - don't worry, once you've tried it you will never go back to manual again - why be bothered changing gear when you don't have to!

The gear box is smooth and responsive but not that sporty or quick. Hit the sports button to move it from comfort mode and you will see an improvement - mind you, you will also see a drop in your mpg.
Whilst on the subject of economy, it is pretty good although not as good as the 2 previous Merc saloons that I have had. That said, I have been tracking the mpg since new and am averaging around 40.

will all depend on state of the engine/transmision tires ccorrect [type and inflation]
type of motoring stop start motorway ect !!!!

It does sound very low. My Audi A8 3.0TDI with Quatro and 6 speed auto does a lot better than that. Should be more like 38mpg for that car, but then it does depend on how you drive. Also, you will get worse fuel economy (10 - 15% less) in winter as the mix of diesel is different to what they sell in summer. Possibly you do have a problem. Can you smell diesel anywhere around the car? maybe a leak.

Sponsored Links
Back