Poor quality plumbing tradesman on site - photos added -am I being too harsh?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

1st post.

We have a plumber on site scope was

Remove downstairs toilet and fix leaking pan connector
Fit kitchen mixer tap
Swap out toilet and basin in bathroom like for like swap same location.

I am very unhappy with quality of work, toilet is away from wall, a batton has been fixed to wall and a further batton screwed to rear of cistern, shoddy at best I pointed out the batton attached to cistern was floating above the batton on wall - after lots of "don't worry" he has not lifted the batton in wall so they sit on top of each other and screwed one to the other still very unhappy with solution.

The copper pipe has been brought out from the sides of the pedestal and looks ugly - all pipework previously was hidden by pedestal - surely the aim of the pedestal?

The fixing of the basin are not flush with the basin and skewed - to me if not flat then stress will be caused if weight put on the basin he is trying to say its fine - and not to disturb basin - - there is a bucket load of silicone behind and I suspect this is holding the basin to the wall - well something needs to.

Am I expecting too much or is this poor workmanship?

Plumber is still on site now - end of 2nd day.

Ill try and get some pics - any suggestings as to how I should deal with situ?

Sponsored Links
basin pipes enter at pedestal position then via push fit got to back wall

Attachments

• basin.jpg
    basin.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 381
Sponsored Links
He's not a plumber.

Andy

Un- are you in UK I have details of quoted quals.
Post a picture of the pan connector.

Andy

Ill try tricky with him there ..... he tried flexi , normal P type I googled and found a swan neck at screwfix Mrs went to collect but that sat too far the other way ....

Said only way of avoiding gap is to fit a cabinet type toilet ???

The waste is to right of the toilet rather than straight down.

Is there any way to get the toilet flush without breaking into stack and adjusting soil pipe?

Sorry but if anyone considers this (below image) to be quality work, done by a tradesman, then I am completely confused by this thread!

upload_2017-11-10_18-49-4-png.130158

Made me laugh my ar*s* off

Can someone really fit that and consider it a 'good', 'well done' job?

Still pi**ing myself each time I look at that picture.

No help to the op..but hey...thanks for the giggles

Edit to add:

The idea of 'creating' anything, no matter what it is, is that it is better than what was before. In this case, the 'tradesman' should have done WHATEVER was necessary to create better. lol

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back