Poor sol anyone feel like defending?

Goodwill to all men and all that eh... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Theres abuse and abuse...singing songs about your wife an kids dying of cancer is plain sick..on the other hand a player who has just bene done for woofing some of columbia's finest up his hooter or spit-roasting a kiss an tell messer while his faithful wife was laid up having a baby deserves a bit of grief.

Lee Hughes (oldham) is a classic example...gets drunk, hit and run...tries to get away with it..gets caught and does 2-1/2 years ....what does he seriously expect from opposing fans?...'well done old boy, glad to see you lifes back on track' from the terraces?????

IMO he is an arrogant murderer, and deserves eveything he gets...(which is plenty!!)

And remember...a lot of this abuse isnt meant personal as such...even racial stuff (not that you hear that very much now days)...id say the majority of abuse is purely aimed at upsetting an individual..putting him off his game.

So these poor little overpaid lambsies want to go out...gang bang so called 'glamour models' toot coke...nick...drink and drive..swindle...fight,...get drunk...bash their wives up etc..and not get an ounce of stick about it????????

When they start acting like professionals then perhaps people might start treating them like it.

good post.
but i think that sol campbells comments were that abuse has gone to far.
i think it has.
again i find it interesting that the roasting thing is mentioned when no charges were ever bought. while i dont doubt that it happened, im not sure that it would be bought up here if they were fishermen or jockeys.

lee hughes deserves everything he gets..

btw did you explain to balenza who lee hughes is? ;)

Well as for Lee Hughes...when he scored against Millwall the other week he deliberatly goaded the Millwall supporters...and that was after he stood there pulling faces and laughing when one or two of them..ok about 4 thousand!...started shouting 'scum scum scum' at him.

If he had keep his head down and got on with the job he might have got some respect...but he obviously hasnt got any regrets about what he did.

Just another big time charlie

Like the England squad..do they honestly think people are going to cheer them after the disgusting non commital performances they put in...on those sort of wages you'd think they would at least try and look like they cared.

Intersting update...

Jeoy Barton and his brother have bene nicked for a punch up

I rest my case M'lud....

Well as for Lee Hughes...when he scored against Millwall the other week he deliberatly goaded the Millwall supporters...and that was after he stood there pulling faces and laughing when one or two of them..ok about 4 thousand!...started shouting 'scum scum scum' at him.

If he had keep his head down and got on with the job he might have got some respect...but he obviously hasnt got any regrets about what he did.

Just another big time charlie

Like the England squad..do they honestly think people are going to cheer them after the disgusting non commital performances they put in...on those sort of wages you'd think they would at least try and look like they cared.

Intersting update...

Jeoy Barton and his brother have bene nicked for a punch up

I rest my case M'lud....

i think we have crossed wires because i had agreed with your assessment. :)

im not actually looking to defend footballers as such, rather to agree with the statement that sol campbell made about abuse.
just because they earn big money does not mean they have to be abused like they are. most of them are big fit men who could smash the average fat knacker who abuses them. on the whole;they dont.

lee hughes is the worst kind of person but i wonder how many of the people shouting at him have not done something similar or equal to what he did.
he is an exception in this debate because i think we would all agree that his offence was way above anything as trivial as football.

Sponsored Links
Theres abuse and abuse...singing songs about your wife an kids dying of cancer is plain sick..on the other hand a player who has just bene done for woofing some of columbia's finest up his hooter or spit-roasting a kiss an tell messer while his faithful wife was laid up having a baby deserves a bit of grief.

Lee Hughes (oldham) is a classic example...gets drunk, hit and run...tries to get away with it..gets caught and does 2-1/2 years ....what does he seriously expect from opposing fans?...'well done old boy, glad to see you lifes back on track' from the terraces?????

IMO he is an arrogant murderer, and deserves eveything he gets...(which is plenty!!

And remember...a lot of this abuse isnt meant personal as such...even racial stuff (not that you hear that very much now days)...id say the majority of abuse is purely aimed at upsetting an individual..putting him off his game.

So these poor little overpaid lambsies want to go out...gang bang so called 'glamour models' toot coke...nick...drink and drive..swindle...fight,...get drunk...bash their wives up etc..and not get an ounce of stick about it????????

When they start acting like professionals then perhaps people might start treating them like it.

good post.
but i think that sol campbells comments were that abuse has gone to far.
i think it has.
again i find it interesting that the roasting thing is mentioned when no charges were ever bought. while i dont doubt that it happened, im not sure that it would be bought up here if they were fishermen or jockeys.

lee hughes deserves everything he gets..

btw did you explain to balenza who lee hughes is? ;)

I can't recall bad things happening with regards to fishermen :LOL:

Racing has had its share of scandals.

I don't think the roasting incident would attract any charges, they were all consenting adults as far as I am aware. I think the wives and girlfriends might have a few words to say though. It's just not nice behaviour is it.

biliou..

fishermen dont get in the papers but that does not mean they dont roast an occasional trout..
racing probably has more scandals but i dont see you laughing that someones mum has cancer or agreeing that the jockeys wife loves a roasting.

nice behaviour! it depends on how you look at it? i have to stress that as i understand it, the two players involved in all that were not married.
i see things every day portrayed as normal on the bbc which i find much more distasteful than the thought of me and my m8 roasting a willing doxie..

her name is in the papers and i suspect thats all she wanted..

chris tarrant, nice chap, hes a fisherman.. ;)

whatever anyone thinks of these people, nothing you could ever put forward would ever get me to agree that it is anything but low class to give these people the level of abuse they get.

how can anyone defend it, unless :?:

A to Z

footballers are faster and quicker thinking than most of you will ever be and earn money that is on offer

Absolute nonsense. :rolleyes:
Most of them are brain dead and hardly capable of stringing a sentence together.

By the same token lot of academics would put a rawlplug in a tree to put a swing up. :LOL: They are paid for being football animals and that is the delight in watching them. Their movement.. pace.. control..fitness.. reading of the game.......and striking of the ball is the "intelligence" refered to.

Good first post and a good thread though.

Alex

Back