How The papers convince the public and push their opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Well we all get drawn to the paper that supports our views......so papers are preaching to a converted audience.

My wife gets me a Telegraph every Friday, free courtesy of Waitrose and I usually get another paper, independant, guardian, times once a week.

I find it rather weird but because I grew up with the Telegraph, I find that more natural to pick up, even though I disagree with a fair bit......and these days its become quite tabloid in its lack of factual reporting.

That's why one should read a range of sources, as one should be aware that most if not all papers are either blatantly biased (mail, express, telegraph) and some with a more subtle narrative/bias Indy/Guardian.

Oh and I agree with you about the telegraph, definitely not what it used to be, sports section used to be good. The Times is a joke now too. Guardian has pretty poor science & tech reporting, bit touchy feely at times for me. Indy, sometimes wanders close to tedious.

That's why one should read a range of sources, as one should be aware that most if not all papers are either blatantly biased (mail, express, telegraph) and some with a more subtle narrative/bias Indy/Guardian.

Oh and I agree with you about the telegraph, definitely not what it used to be, sports section used to be good. The Times is a joke now too. Guardian has pretty poor science & tech reporting, bit touchy feely at times for me. Indy, sometimes wanders close to tedious.

No one reads the FT? Or have online sub?

Sponsored Links
I recall returning from a music festival and spotting a lead story in the Times on a news stand...

It 'recounted' that a helicopter called to the event for a medical emergency was 'pelted with cans and bottles from a drugged up mob'...

Funnily enough they didn't report what actually happened...

In that when trying to find somewhere to land the crowd were calmly moved back, and after loading the patient the helicopter was applauded as it took off...

Fake news as always!

Lol. A decades old article from the DM no less. Double lol.

No, he does not.
Yes he does, if it is ok to question others about alleged historical crimes.
Then Jezza should come clean about his links with an organisation that is responsible for the deaths of British citizens in N. I. and Britain.
If an old pensioner can be put on Show trial to appease the IRA then Jezza can be as well.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-50647015

Lol. A decades old article from the DM no less. Double lol.

'The troubles', as we refer to them, were decades ago, maybe 15 years since the last ceasefire, so it would be quite reasonable to reference an article that is decades old no?

Not kidding...usual bolox from you..particularly the emogies you cretins excel at

A cretin for your information is someone who produces insufficient thyroxine, sadly I produce a little too much, so I'm afraid the cap doesn't fit.

A cretin for your information is someone who produces insufficient thyroxine, sadly I produce a little too much, so I'm afraid the cap doesn't fit.
Rofllll...exhibiting all the signs of a not very bright individual then!that suit your sensitivities better?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back