Poor sol anyone feel like defending?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For those who find me boring, this sums up as "eff off and think yourselves lucky you deluded oxygen-thieving halfwits."

RANT MODE_ON

I am building up a serious dislike for "professional footballers" (oxymoron ++)

If the bleatings I have heard and read recently about crowd abuse are a faithful reproduction of footballer wisdom, I (please God, just give me half a chance) would advise them as follows.

1. If you earn money off the working class in the name of entertainment - be entertaining. If you aren't the response will be generally poor and probably delivered in honest but "agricultural" terms, ask any other comedian.

2 Earning thousands of pounds a week makes you lucky, not great. Ghandi was great, Luther-King was great, Da-Vinci was great, Charlton, Best, Moore were great, none earned as much money as you. Be grateful for your fortune, it's an accident and you really haven't earned it and in real terms don't deserve it.

3 If you are so hopelessly upset by abuse, set an example, you're the ones getting paid for it - your the pro's, show us how it's done "professionally". Try playing an entire 10 minutes without abusing each other or the referee.

4. Don't cheat.

5. Don't cheat and then try and lie about your blatant cheating, we are NOT idiots.

6. The people you are whinging about are fundamentally in charge of your wages.

7. The majority of people you are whining about work really hard for a living, they live in the real world and know who's shirking and who's grafting, who's lying and who's honest. If you're a regular target for their dislike, they might be onto something, you could consider that possibility at least.

8. Don't talk about your sacrifice and dedication to club and country like you've been totally selfless when really it's only a game and you get paid enormous sums for playing it. There are young men and women right now giving an entirely selfless 100% AND facing the possibility of maiming or death for something that is not their choice, but their duty.

9. Don't eff off to your club's local rivals (borderline enemy) for more money that you don't actually NEED and then expect to get away with it. Your club's fans are devotees beyond that level of mercenary rationale, they can't help that, but nor can they forgive you for not being as passionate and dedicated as them.

10. We love the game, not you.

Abuse? I've got trainees, kids really - barely out of their teens, and they are able to take "abuse" in the manner it's intended; "pull your socks up and sort yourself out - this isn't good enough".

Essential difference? They want to get better - you think you're soooooo special.

T**ts.

Feel free to offer a defence for the accused, if you dare. ;)

RANT MODE_OFF

Sponsored Links
Most dull people try to live 'soap opera lives' that are brightened up by prima donnas whinging. They like it. That's what they pay silly money to see.

Let's face it, when grown men stand around in a T-shirts with the name of some thick kid on their back like Wayne Wooney - and then start singing, chanting and pointing at the opposition stands - then you aren't dealing with a bright section of the community.

i cant believe you just said that last paragraph mate.

i should think the majority of footballers come from ordinary backgrounds and ordinary lives.they are however driven by something.dont forget the endless training when they are young,competitions and trials where only the very best and most determined suceed in a cut throat and ruthless business.they have made great livings for themselves and good lives for there families.
a lot of them probably come from the same backgrounds as those chanting them on the terraces.so no matter how you feelabout all the whinging and wining they get up to,they give under priveleged people hope,and that my friend,is priceless.

Here is a point of view from a non football fan, I personally find the game boring. that doesn't mean that all others should do so.

There is way way too much money in football in this day and age, footballers wages are obscene.

What happened to the days when two towns put up teams from their own towns and played a game of football. Not a buch of bought in players from around the world.

Oh and please stop congratulating England when they win (scoreline 2-1 for instance) an international match against a small country that most of us have never heard of and the players in the opposing team all have day jobs, shouldn't the score be like 25-1

Sponsored Links
spoken like a true non football fan who doesnt understand the game, yet feels able to talk like an expert on it.

players wages are high due to supply and demand. Do you moan about the wages that film stars are paid? Its entertainment and they are paid a wage for the short career that they have. Very very few make it through to the top level. Its a lot of hard work and talent to get there. Once they are there the lives are controlled in terms of what they can and cant do, what they can and cant eat etc.

Oh and as for large scorelines in internationals, pretty much a thing of the past. Most teams employ decent coaches, and are at least capable of spoiling another decent teams style of play to keep the scoreline respecatable.

Could never see the point of football.
Whats it about ?.

22 fully grown men running round a muddy field kicking a bag of wind into a really big net :LOL:

much prefer fishing

spoken like a true non football fan who doesnt understand the game, yet feels able to talk like an expert on it.

players wages are high due to supply and demand. Do you moan about the wages that film stars are paid? Its entertainment and they are paid a wage for the short career that they have. Very very few make it through to the top level. Its a lot of hard work and talent to get there. Once they are there the lives are controlled in terms of what they can and cant do, what they can and cant eat etc.

Oh and as for large scorelines in internationals, pretty much a thing of the past. Most teams employ decent coaches, and are at least capable of spoiling another decent teams style of play to keep the scoreline respecatable.

good post..
i like football, i dont like the massive wages footballers get but it is simply supply and demand..
people dont want to pay tradesmans wages but because they do does it mean they have the right to insult your wife or question your sexuality..

do you suggest to your accountant that his mrs likes her rolo ruined?
of course you dont.

footballers are faster and quicker thinking than most of you will ever be and earn money that is on offer.
i have never yet met a tradesman that wont try it on with a price on a job that he doesnt want, or is too busy to take..

mirror anyone

;)

A to Z

footballers are faster and quicker thinking than most of you will ever be and earn money that is on offer

Absolute nonsense. :rolleyes:
Most of them are brain dead and hardly capable of stringing a sentence together.

A to Z

footballers are faster and quicker thinking than most of you will ever be and earn money that is on offer

Most of them are brain dead and hardly capable of stringing a sentence together.

but with the boot (literally) on the other foot you wouldnt turn down 100k a week so it just sounds like jealousy to me.

A to Z

probably right in most cases, but they have a talent, the same as any sportsman. Also the same as any walk of life where people have a talent or a trade. They just happen to be in a well paid one. As jefoss says they are quick thinking when it comes to football. No ones paying them to be in the debating society after all.

Jefoss wrote

but with the boot (literally) on the other foot you wouldnt turn down 100k a week

Yep. I would. Id turn down £500k per week.
Money is not everything. :rolleyes:

so it just sounds like jealousy to me.

Jealousy ??.
You wish. :rolleyes:

A to Z

they have to run control a ball against other top class sportsmen in a constantly changing enviroment, while deciding where to pass, if they are to run or to cheat. they do this mostly with more pressure than most will ever experience.
most people will sound foolish on television, english people dont usually like the camera..

i find it interesting that you choose to comment on the one line in the post where you could continue to attack the players rather than agree that people have no 'right' to abuse their wives just because they have paid an entrance fee.
have you any more class when you effectively condone such actions.

feeling like im attacking you? now think what it would be like if i moaned about your wife or laughed because your mum had cancer..
sol is right, it 'has' gone to far.

btw
how many footballers do you know?

Sponsored Links
Back