Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I got a tiler to do some works and he started to self level the area. He mixed the materials and then just poured them onto the floor without smoothing it with a trowel. He said it will “automatically” level itself out. Now it looks like some areas are raised than others and the primer has come up to the surface. The pink stuff coming up to the surface is the primer.

I have attached some pictures below. I wanted to ask a professional tiler on how to rectify this or if from the picture you think it is fine and I’m just overthinking the situation

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
It looks uneven but impossible to tell from photos, are there undulations, if so how much? Lay a long level over the surface and take some more photos/measurements.

Well I dunno! We have just had our bathroom laid with tiley things and the bloke said the floor had to levelled with leveller and when he'd done it it was as smooth. It most certainly did not look like that.

Sponsored Links
It looks uneven but impossible to tell from photos, are there undulations, if so how much? Lay a long level over the surface and take some more photos/measurements.
He is saying that because we had to get additional SLC and the time between we got the material and the part he had already done had dried up hence why you can see the some parts higher than others parts.

If the primer comes to the surface after applying the SLC is that an issue? The pink stuff is the primer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back