Popping noise on chipboard flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I posted about my issue a while back but the thread went dead before I managed to update it. I'm having a popping/crackling sound when walking on my new floor and its driving me crazy. Just wondering the best way to attack it from below in order to fix it. The noise isn't that loud and it seems to happen in various places (I guess depending on where i've stood previously). It was originally nail gunned (I suspect without glue), then before carpetting I went next to every nail with 'Floor-Tite Tri-Lock Pozi Screw 4.2 x 55mm' but it didn't do much. I have posted some pictures in the previous thread and its the first picture that shows the area causing most issues (between the two steels).

Any ideas on what I could try? maybe running glue along the sides of the joists or in any thin gaps between the joists and chipboard flooring? maybe screwing blocks between the joists near the steels to stop it all moving so much?

Thanks in advance, previous thread link below:

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/chipboard-flooring-cracking-noise.578368/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back