Porcelain corner sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to mount a porcelain corner sink, which has no bolt holes. It was originally designed to sit on cast iron brackets, but brackets are not to be used this time due to the small space (narrowboat bathroom!).

I can get a set of battens on the wall to support the sink, and clamp it in place on top of these so that it cannot move forward. I will need to use some kind of adhesive to stop the sink from tipping forward when weight is applied to the front edge. This adhesive can be applied across the back of two sides, each 500mm x 120mm, and will essentially be stopping the back corner from sliding up the wall when weight is applied to the front.

So, what sort of adhesive should I use?

Oh, the wall is made of plywood. Should I seal the wall with PVA before adhering? Or will the porosity of the wood be beneficial?

Many thanks!

Tom

Sponsored Links
Use plenty of mastic - (Dow Corning sanitary). For some reason, I find that the clear version is best for this. It should adhere to the plywood ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back