porcelain floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to look at a job this evening, floor tiles on screed where UFH was turned on one week ago.its been on continuosly as the builder or his plumber have not provided the customer with any on /off controls (dont ask)
anyway the job is polished porcelain floor tiles 600 x 600 with wickes own flexi fast setting ady provided by the customer or his builder.
they want a labour only price to fit them in 3 rooms
two of them both 4.8 mts x 4mts
and a WC 1.2 mts x 1mt
so plenty of cuts
i have never laid or cut porcelain before and am having doubts but sometime ive got to try it, just feels like a bit too big to get my feet wet on.
i think they are falling out with the builder, hes taken 4 months now on a job he said would take 6 weeks, which is why they have called me.
i know the brother in law of the wife quite well, he put me in touch with them and he said they have a quote of £700. jobs mine for £500 but need it doing quickly
i replied i never heard of a rush job where the price went down FFS
if i take it on i will be using a 600 rubi and an cheap (non rubi) leccy bridge cutter, 180mm blades
any one want to offer an input on this

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back