posidrive screw burred over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to get a posidrive screw out of my front door to change my euro cylinder for a high security barrell.After many attempts I have now burred over the screw head .What are my options please?

Sponsored Links
often you can get enough grip with a flat blade screwdriver slightly smaller than the head tapped with a hammer to locate in diagonal corners
are you sure its the correct bit as in not phillips on pozi ??

I have been trying to get a posidrive screw out of my front door to change my euro cylinder for a high security barrell.After many attempts I have now burred over the screw head .What are my options please?
Screws only burr when insufficient pressure is applied to the head, need someone with stronger hands, or tap end of screwdriver with a hammer as you turn.Euro locks normally have phillips head screws so if you are using posi driver it would explain burring.

Sponsored Links
Simply drill a pilot hole in the broken fixing and screw in the LH threaded extractor for easy removal of broken screws and bolts.

Use a Dremmel with an abrasive disc, and cut a screwdriver slot in the damaged head.

Forget screw extractors in this size, the fixing is too small.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back