Possible job for someone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine is moving house next week, and has been asking me about what he needs to do to wire in a cooker. I started asking him about the general state of the electrics, type of CU etc, and basically he doesn't know, as he's not in yet.

So I'm going to go and have a quick shufti, and see whether he needs something minor that he can do himself, or if there are more major items to sort out. The property is of the right age to still have VIR in it if it's not been touched for a while, so the job could be as substantial as a complete rewire...

If he turns out to need professional involvement, is there anybody here who works in the Pinner/Ruislip area who'd be interested in being contacted by him?

Sponsored Links
Ban

It's really good of you to post this up, but I'm afraid I'm in Stockport. No good for popping back for a sarnie at lunch, and absolute murder if you forget a bit of kit........!!!

Ban, not sure about the age of this post, but we are just inside the M25 in Barnet.

Ruislip is not a million miles away, we do some maintenance contracts in Bracknell and the Heathrow area so I can either go myself or get one of the guys to look in.

OK - the job looks like a complete rewire, 2 bed chalet bungalow, floors upstairs and down are conventional floorboards.

If it was me I'd be speccing a 12-14 way split-load board, 6 + 1-2 spare RCD, 4 + 1-2 spare non-RCD.

Main bonding looks inadequate. There is no supplementary bonding.

The kitchen, which is currently just a bare shell, has no sockets or outlets in place. The other rooms do, but they may want a few more, and all of them, and all the light switches, are currently surface mounted.

If you're interested in quoting, please send me a phone no, or email address to <bas_2004 at btconnect dot com> (address obscured to prevent detection by spam-robots, but when you say it out loud it makes sense :cool: ), so that I can send you my friend's phone number, rather than post that here.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back