Post 16 Study

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Every one

My son, who is in year 11, has now been told that he will not be able to attend the 6th form at the school which he already attends. The decision was made on the basis that the staff feel he won’t be able to meet the minimum requirements. Naturally, my son and both my wife and myself, are quite disappointed.

He does not want to attend college and he doesn’t really want to do an apprenticeship. I will be going to an organisation called connexions next week to find out alternative routes to education post 16, but has anybody been in this situation before? What was the outcome?

Eventually my son wants to go into teaching and become a full time secondary school teacher or a university lecturer. Would that still be possible?

Thank You.

Sponsored Links
Why doesn't he try and find a 6th form school which is prepared to accept a student of his abilities?
Eventually my son wants to go into teaching and become a full time secondary school teacher or a university lecturer. Would that still be possible?
Not without a University education/degree.

If he isn't a natural academic, have you considered vocational training? I'm sure there are lots of tradesmen on this forum who could advise how to get his hands dirty.

Sponsored Links

Thank You.
Nothing would be impossible if he puts his mind to it and works very hard. It doesn't mean he can't fulfill his dreams but for some it just means it doesn't come as easy as it does for others. Why won't he go to college?

Good luck to him anyhow. I wish I'd had some good careers advice at his age.

I think that is a substitution by a moderator for DL's post which, while not abusive as such, was extremely unkind.

The purpose of this reply is, what?
I see no advertising or abusive posting. If you disagree with something someone has said then please be polite and respond accordingly rather than posting a link which covers a multitude of subjects.

The very cutting edge of wit, the differance twixt sarcasm & abstract failure.

I thinks the mod might actually be a plasterer :)

If you have raised your son, then maybe it's time to cut the apron strings.

My son is what HE wants to be . . .

Sponsored Links
Back