Post any old song you can think of.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If ever i hear someone say; "bless my cotton socks" ( "i'm in the news", inevitably pops to mind ). I wasn't supposed to like 'that sort o' stuff, really, bein' a long-haired greaser, an' all' :sneaky: but, screw it...i know a good tune when i hears it. I know what i like an' i like what i know.
The New Wave era ('78-'82) threw out some fantastic music and this one always caused chaos on the dancefloor.

Fun factoid: the opening bass line is from a Pink Floyd classic...can you spot which one?

If ever i hear someone say; "bless my cotton socks" ( "i'm in the news", inevitably pops to mind ). I wasn't supposed to like 'that sort o' stuff, really, bein' a long-haired greaser, an' all' :sneaky: but, screw it...i know a good tune when i hears it. I know what i like an' i like what i know.
The New Wave era ('78-'82) threw out some fantastic music and this one always caused chaos on the dancefloor.

Fun factoid: the opening bass line is from a Pink Floyd classic...can you spot which one?

Know what you mean. I've got very wide tastes, from 50s to late 80s, poss few in 90s. After this not too many tunes hit the spot. If it's good, it's good and Blue Monday was quite special at a time of lots of great music and bands. Friend of mine wore his record out playing it so much when it came out.

Oddly enough, after I played the 4 videos selected above, I put on Tenpole Tudor. Had almost forgotten about this record, until it was used in a recent advert.

Last edited:
Know what you mean. I've got very wide tastes, from 50s to late 80s, poss few in 90s. After this not too many tunes hot the spot. If it's good, it's good and Blue Monday was quite special at a time of lots of great music and bands. Friend of mine wore his record out playing it so much when it came out.

Oddly enough, after I played the 4 videos selected above, I put on Tenpole Tudor. Had almost forgotten about this record, until it was used in a recent advert.
The holiday advert with the kid chariot racing along the beach; yeah, he rocks out.

They adapt the bass line from the intro to 'One of these days...

...'I'm gonna cut you into little pieces'.

A weird sense of humour, they had.:D

Sponsored Links
Back