Post the best photo you took today

Kestrel over the golf course while we were on holiday last week.
P1030773.JPG

Sponsored Links
I hate seeing barbed wire being used to fence animals in. Much safer to put an inner wire fence up to keep the animals away from the barbs and leave the barbed/razor stuff to deter humans from climbing over.

Sponsored Links
I hate seeing barbed wire being used to fence animals in. Much safer to put an inner wire fence up to keep the animals away from the barbs and leave the barbed/razor stuff to deter humans from climbing over.
That was in Thorndon country park this morning and they are very animal aware. The fence was around a holding pond that had recently been created and is to keep people and dogs out. They do use a lot of double fences as well as electric ones. Never seen cows in that part of the park before so I don’t even know how they got in there. They often close off sections of the park for a herd of wild goats and some breed of funny looking brown sheep to graze on for a few weeks. The park does not have any cows in there but there is a farm nearby and the fact they have tags on makes me think they have somehow got into the park.

There's a double row of barbed wire around the field behind our back wall and the farmer in his wisdom put up an electric wire in front to stop his sheep becoming snared in the barbs. The sheep simply pushed through the wire and got snagged anyways. I found one of 'em atop our wall munching ivy, cheeky as you like.
So, i planted a row of sweet briar and dogwood to make sure they stayed away from the wall. Worked a treat.

How high in the sky was that kestrel, by the way?

I honestly don't know. Maybe about 100 feet above the ground and roughly 400 yards away.

Despite the solemn atmosphere, this dog was having the time of its life. Anyone who went in the water got their shoes and socks rearranged. Typical spaniel, mad as a box of frogs.
IMG-20220910-WA0007.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back