EBAY best ever buy

Yet another oven- 99p No other bidders.
Oven less than 1 year old £700 new . :LOL:

oven pride- £3.99 and now sparkles.

Sponsored Links
Iv'e tried to buy a couple thing's a concrete mixer and a 240v small planner thicknesser they both hold their prices so well it was easier to buy new but I have noticed that the more industrial stuff and 110v power tools ,particularly scarier tools like big cicular saw's go for good prices,

I've always avoided e-bay, probably because I'm unfamiliar with it and perhaps a bit scared. Are there any safeguards if, for example, the item you buy doesn't work?

Sponsored Links
I've always avoided e-bay, probably because I'm unfamiliar with it and perhaps a bit scared. Are there any safeguards if, for example, the item you buy doesn't work?

Bought as seen. You just take your chances.

Spoken like a true copper eh Mr Bean? Wash your hands of it, move onto the next doughnut.

That's helpful, especially as you usually can't see what you're buying (unless you are close enough to travel).

Spoken like a true copper eh Mr Bean? Wash your hands of it, move onto the next doughnut.

What have I done this time???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You're obsessed.
You need locking away in a comfortable, yet very secure padded room. :LOL:

That's helpful, especially as you usually can't see what you're buying (unless you are close enough to travel).

Everything I've bought from Ebay, has had an element of risk.
I thought it was pretty much a given, that other than the picture and description from the seller, you take your chances.

Everything I've bought from Ebay, has had an element of risk.
I thought it was pretty much a given, that other than the picture and description from the seller, you take your chances.

The feedback can tell you a bit about the seller. Not foolproof, but can tell you about the way someone operates.

What have I done this time???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You're obsessed.
You need locking away in a comfortable, yet very secure padded room. :LOL:

Well it's like when somebody commits a crime, and you go to the cops and they say 'nothing to do with me son, civil offence' or 'nothing to do with me son, we don't deal with that here'.

There are loads of protections on ebay. Consumer protection laws apply. i.e. if a business selling and a "buy it now", you get distance selling regulations.

The sales of goods legislation covers ALL sales. i.e. if you are a business seller it has to be fit for purpose. If a private seller, it has to be as described. (unless specifically marked 'as seen' but never seen that on ebay - usually it will just say not working, for spares etc)

If you pay by credit card/paypal then you can use them to get your money back without having to chase the seller direct.

So when you say "Bought as seen. You just take your chances" you are completely wrong, and also just behaving to form i.e. nowt to do with me, sort it out yerself.

Simples.

(And they haven't used padded cells for some time, easier to just fill them up with strong drugs until they fall over. Sometimes a surprisingly large amount of strong drugs.....)

There are loads of protections on ebay. Consumer protection laws apply. i.e. if a business selling and a "buy it now", you get distance selling regulations.

The sales of goods legislation covers ALL sales. i.e. if you are a business seller it has to be fit for purpose. If a private seller, it has to be as described. (unless specifically marked 'as seen' but never seen that on ebay - usually it will just say not working, for spares etc)

If you pay by credit card/paypal then you can use them to get your money back without having to chase the seller direct.

So when you say "Bought as seen. You just take your chances" you are completely wrong, and also just behaving to form i.e. nowt to do with me, sort it out yerself.

Simples.

(And they haven't used padded cells for some time, easier to just fill them up with strong drugs until they fall over. Sometimes a surprisingly large amount of strong drugs.....)

Thank you. That's quite reassuring.

Sponsored Links
Back