Postal Voting and Fraud

Getting rid of blatant political cronyism perhaps? :rolleyes:

Why not a second elected chamber rather than an unelected one?

and how would you vote/decide on the members?

The real issues with the HoL is that you only leave when you die AND you get paid for turning up and signing in. Plus of course the numpties who get placed in their by ALL the parties.

Easy fixes but as the HoL would need to vote on it , its unlikely to get passed.

For me make them retire at 75 AND only get paid if you are there all day.

As it stands there are about 800

Sponsored Links
Yes, definitely suicidal to leave a protectionist racket costing us £12Bn (net) in annual membership fees, paying for nice roads and railways in other countries, and a £90Bn annual trade deficit.

Are you on drugs?
£8bn gross, with over £100bn lost already...

And has the pothole situation improved in the UK since brexshit?

I ain't the one on drugs! :LOL:

Getting rid of blatant political cronyism perhaps? :rolleyes:

Why not a second elected chamber rather than an unelected one?
The Prime Minister who has power in the HoC likes having an unelected second chamber

Because it enables him to give sweeties to, for example, the person who cuts his hair, or the underling who ****** his ****

And because, when the second chamber disagrees with him about, say, legally defining cats as dogs, he can override them, justifying it on the grounds that the second chamber is unelected so does not have democratic authority.

Not sure I agree with that.

certainly SM is full of people making wild claims but to say the UK is right wing is a bit extreme - and as the next Government is likely to be very close to what we have now then we'll still be right wing using your ideas

The UK's major parties are so close its tricky to tell them apart at times
New Labour, or whatever term you want to use are far more to the right (centre) than traditional labour ever was.

The Tories are much further to the right, and being dragged to virtually extreme right than that.

It stands therefore that we are much further to the right than we have been for decades minimum.

I don't think anybody can say the Tories are not further to the right than even when Cameron was pm.

And they want to go further

Sponsored Links
New Labour, or whatever term you want to use are far more to the right (centre) than traditional labour ever was.

The Tories are much further to the right, and being dragged to virtually extreme right than that.

It stands therefore that we are much further to the right than we have been for decades minimum.

I don't think anybody can say the Tories are not further to the right than even when Cameron was pm.

And they want to go further

Think you need to review your thoughts - the current mob are on a course to be left of Labour

and how would you vote/decide on the members?
Ask the electorate?

And personally I would prefer those elected not to have a designated political affiliation...

The real issues with the HoL is that you only leave when you die AND you get paid for turning up and signing in. Plus of course the numpties who get placed in their by ALL the parties.
And you think that is acceptable in a so called democracy?

Easy fixes but as the HoL would need to vote on it , its unlikely to get passed.
The house of commons has precedence, so the house of lords could be abolished without their consent...

Of course the numpties in the house of commons covet a place in the house of lords when they fail politically and personally ;)

I got some voting card caper through my
Letter box yesterday :giggle:

Some one ? Or some party ? Want to offer me a fat brown envelope and I could actually go to the polling station and vote for em ???

Could be some other incentive of course ?? If said candidate is fit ?? ;)

Not sure I agree with that.

certainly SM is full of people making wild claims but to say the UK is right wing is a bit extreme - and as the next Government is likely to be very close to what we have now then we'll still be right wing using your ideas

The UK's major parties are so close its tricky to tell them apart at times

It's very complicated.

On economic policy we are much more right wing than the period 1945 to 1979. During that period, all governments believed in intervention in the economy, and we had nationalised industries and the top income tax rate was 90% for most of that time.

On social policy we are arguably much more left wing. Or maybe we have just developed as a country. Do we really want to go back to the "right wing" policies of the 1960s, when abortion was banned, we had the death penalty, being gay was illegal, there was no equal pay for women or any laws to combat race discrimination?

Moderator's note

Some off-topic posts have been removed

Sponsored Links
Back