Postmen

Have to admit that my postie has left a lot to be desired, mail not delivered for ages, then a whole bunch at the same time, letters opened on delivery, letters folded up into quarters, letters that must be signed for delivered, or letters to be signed for not delivered, when I was in all day, and a card left saying I was out, when I wasn't, incorrectly addressed mail, late deliveries, poor dress code, slamming gate, or leaving it open.

I did complain at one stage, and was given a book of stamps as compensation, and the complaint was upheld, but the service has gone downhill since.

I'm not saying the fault is endemic, and I know how the management are forcing posties to do beyond their remit, but sometimes, people can become used to a certain way of working, and rally against any change, as 'That's how it was always done', but RM is losing money hand over fist, so either change, or lose your jobs. All workplaces have people slugging their asses off, only for a few to taint the rest, but in my personal experience, and what people I know experience, not good.

Sponsored Links
our postman said a lot of them are at it and the first time they get caught all they get is a warning. and as for our local post office :eek:
Your postman is a liar. All postmen caught stealing are prosecuted. There are no exceptions.

Sponsored Links
our postman said a lot of them are at it and the first time they get caught all they get is a warning. and as for our local post office :eek:
Your postman is a liar. All postmen caught stealing are prosecuted. There are no exceptions.

I'm sure that the run up to xmas last year, when the posties went on strike, and a load of temps were taken on to cover for them, that the RM might have relaxed that rule in certain cases, due to exceptional circumstances, and lack of training? The line in the sand can always be shifted.

I've been ordering loads of stuff on the internet for nearly ten years now, only two things went missing so far, a DVD and some childdren's books.

Last time a card went missing was over 30 years ago, but as I was living in Brazil at the time, cant be sure which end it went missing. Was gutted as my uncle had sent me a tenner, which was a lot in those days for a kid.

G

Back