Pott - Netaheat 10-16 electronic - main burner not firing.

• Thread starter Simonbeasley1
  • Start date
S

Simonbeasley1

I have been called to a potterton Netaheat 10-16 electronic GC 4160167 Client advised that since the weekend the boiler will not fire up despite calling for heat

Fan come on
Solenoid opens on Gas valve
Pilot sparks and lights

Pilot continues to spark and this continues on & on.

If you hit the electronic control unit (407676) the main boiler fires up. if the boiler switches off then it will not fire up again unless you tap the control unit again.

I have replaced the Hot water cylinder Stat as was badly corroded from an existing leak. I had also replaced the HW zone valve as not functioning (due to shorting out of the HW stat).

All the external controls are now functioning correctly and calling for heat.

Any ideas with the electronic control unit i have removed the black cover from the electronic control and it seems to be a coil of wire inside a plastic cover and if this is flicked with the finger it fires the burner up.

I will order the electronic control unit however i want to make sure this is the problem. I have checked the wiring inside the boiler and seems to be fine.

any help would be appreciated

regards

Simon

[/url]

Sponsored Links
These also have a habit of eating away the earth plate that the spark jumps to, but as you say it fires when you tap the control box, I would go for that.

Sponsored Links
You can also add the HT lead into the equation, even though the pilot lights, a damaged lead may not return the signal.

But it's safe to say it's the PCB in this case.

Thanks Guys,

I have ordered a replacement control Unit, Electrode, Electrode Lead & earth electrode too. Hopefully will be in tomorrow so will let you know if working.

Once again thanks for all your comments.

Simon

p.s Where the best place to order boiler spares from local supplier or internet? if internet which ones?

not the internet as you have no comeback when it doesn't work. get in with your local spares peeps they look after their regulars,

we use GAS in Bournemouth, Curzons in Totton, HSS in Millbrook and when we are really desperate Parts center

We use Grahams for all new boiler installations - i think Curzon are part of the same group so will have a chat to the guy when i'm next in the reading branch.

Cheers

Replaced the Control Unit and boiler fired up with out any hiccups - thanks for the advice.

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back