potterton 16-22 tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, hope somone can help me on this one, i am a plumber although abit rusty on boiler faults due to living in new zealand for 15 years, anyway here we go.... when the control knob on the bolier is turned on it trips on the main fuse board, i have individually removed wires for pump , valves, stat, timer and wires into bolier and still it trips, the whole front panel including air switch etc have been replaced (got one cheap) still trips.When timer calls for h/w c/h and boiler is off then pump comes on but as soon as i switch boiler on it trips out not giving any time for ignition sequence to begin. gas is present at valve, haven,t heard fan come on due to instant tripping out,i am running out of ideas. please hel many thanks in advance!!! oh also when boiler etc is turned off and when i turn OFF isolating switch next to boiler this also trips main fuse board?!

Sponsored Links
fan,be aware fan is a posotive pressure and these boilers have several saftey issues you shoul watch out for so if you are "rusty" you need to be very carefull

fan,be aware fan is a posotive pressure and these boilers have several saftey issues you shoul watch out for so if you are "rusty" you need to be very carefull

thanks for the extremely quick reply!!, if i disconnect the fan from the motherboard will this also cause it to trip out and do you know why when i turn the isolating switch OFF it trips out, just trying to answer all questions before i purchase a new fan, MANY THANKS

As this model can be dangerous when not treated correctly, I'd get a pro in if you are not quite up to speed with boilers any more.

Sponsored Links
i appreciate what your saying and thanks and i am aware of the issues this boiler has but just looking to clarify the fan issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back