Potterton 50e replacement boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Potterton 50e boiler operating for nearly 20 years and has run like a wristwatch.
It's recently been making a few unusual noises, one being the fan bearings, so with the government incentives available, I'm considering a replacement.
Can any of you guys recommend a suitable boiler which will fit in a similar footprint and be an equal or better replacement? I'm looking for reliability so not after a cheap model. Are these condensing boilers a decent option?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not sure but I dont think your boiler is on the list, besides the grants are over subscribed as it is.

Is it a Netaheat/Profile.

Not sure but I dont think your boiler is on the list, besides the grants are over subscribed as it is.

Is it a Netaheat/Profile.

Yes it's a Netaheat. Was new when I moved in 20 years ago. Surely something more efficient is on the market now?
Even if I can't get the grant, I'm going to replace it. Any recommendations appreciated.

I've a Potterton 50e boiler operating for nearly 20 years and has run like a wristwatch.
It's recently been making a few unusual noises, one being the fan bearings, so with the government incentives available, I'm considering a replacement.
Can any of you guys recommend a suitable boiler which will fit in a similar footprint and be an equal or better replacement? I'm looking for reliability so not after a cheap model. Are these condensing boilers a decent option?

Thanks.
No these condensing boilers aren't and don't have to be a decent option as they're the only option.
I'd say forget it even if you were looking for something half as reliable as the Netaheat. It will convert more energy into useful heat but that's about it. Just the replacement seals alone, used on some models every service, will amount to more than yours has cost in parts in a lifetime.

Sponsored Links
Your Potterton is a Band F and to qualify for the scrappage allowance the boiler must be a Band G.

I've just Yesterday bought a new boiler to replace my Potterton Profile 80e
I narrowed the list down to four.. ATAG, Viessman, Remeha and Valliant but in the end I decided upon the ATAG A320S.
Another thing I would do when swapping out a boiler would be to get a Spirovent domestic Air/dirt separator installed at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back