Potterton Envoy 40 Fault Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a potterton Envoy 40 codensing boiler, which is displaying a fault code 'A' anybody know what the fault is and how to fix it?

The gas valve was changed about a month ago due to failing to ignite, which up untill now it was running fine.

Any help much appreciated......

Sponsored Links
Very unfortunately Potterton do not give good support to independent engineers.

They promote their own service engineers.

So they do not have the instructions for older boilers available on their web site for download.

Unfortunately your boiler is not regarded as very reliable!

Of course you should have the service manual left at your property but many householders dont treat them with much respect and they often get thrown away.

Perhaps someone else will be able to say what that fault code means.

You should be able to get the manual emailed to you if you telephone their technical help line. ( I would appreciate a copy if you did that! ).

Tony

A - shorted flame signal - flame signal shorted to ground.

check the lead for damage or connected ok.

Thanks for the info Tony.

I have searched the net and found a copy of the user manual (link below) which states that fault code A which copied from the manual states:

Shorted signal
Flame signal shorted to ground
Check igniter etc

However, i have no idea what this means???

http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/System/index.htm

Sponsored Links
It means that you have to call a competent CORGI to open the combustion chamber and probably find some debris between the electrode and the earth.

Tony

Thanks for all you help guys, will get looking for a CORGI to come and get me up and running, till the next time these super reliable boilers hurt me in the wallet, yet again.......

They will probably hate me for saying it but with your model you would be well advised to get a fixed price maintenance contract with British Gas or with HeatTeam.

Tony

i had thought about signing up to one of the BG contracts, but had heard from others that they aren't as good as they make you believe, by taking long time to call out, then not fixing faults and finally saying a new boiler is needed, at a large cost!

However, that said, what i've paid out in the last month would of probably paid for the best part of a new boiler anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back