Potterton Gold ,hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Gold HE24 combi boiler. It has recently started to have a problem where the hot water will go cold after a few seconds of running and getting warm later , the water in the kitchen is fine is hot enough, but in the bathroom it getting cold,warm,cold again , the bathroom just 3meter from the boiler .
the other issue i have the pressure of the boiler dropping down to zero after one hour , and when i fill it with water till 1.2 bars , it dropped again ...
The gas engineer he cleaned and washed the heat exchanger two times but i still have a problem ...
If i put a new heat exchanger will solve my problem ? what about the pressure problem ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Get another Gas Engineer in?

One who understands the importance of the principles of expansion/contraction (No 'Gas safety' related advice to be given here)

DH

I have one of these only three years old.

It was removed by a customer who was just so fed up with its reliability!

She has now replaced it with a Heatline!

She thinks it will give her better reliability and it has a five year warranty.

But she always has her boilers illegally installed by a friend of hers.

Tony

Dont blame the boiler its because there probably not enough inhibitor and the fact your refilling it....sort the leak out first the buy new he or thoroughly clean old one out refit add x100 in it see how it goes....need to sort leak out first or your going in circles.

Sponsored Links
Exactly!

You seem to have had a bum installer who did not clean or inhibit your system.

Cheap boilers attract cheap installers who don't do the job properly because they are not getting paid well.

Repeatedly topping up adds more oxygen to rust the radiators and makes it worse!

Fix the leak and then sort out the dirt!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back