Potterton netaheat 10-16 Electronic.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone can help.

We have an old 10-16 boiler and it has an intermittent fault. The boiler will start and run as normal but sometimes the fan keeps running and the spark keeps trying to ignite but nothing happens. I've smelt the flue exhaust thing but cannot smell gas so I presume non is coming through when it does this. After its done this for a while it will fire up again.
It does this when the room thermostat is requesting more heat but so far we have not had any cold issues, so it must be working ok generally.

What do you think.

Sponsored Links
As it does eventually start there is probably not much wrong with it.
Having said that, these boilers are definitely not for a diy repair, and as such the only advice is to get it checked and repaired by a good boiler engineer.
Spares, however are a problem, but hopefully you may not need any.

As it does eventually start there is probably not much wrong with it.
Having said that, these boilers are definitely not for a diy repair, and as such the only advice is to get it checked and repaired by a good boiler engineer.
Spares, however are a problem, but hopefully you may not need any.
Thanks
I did wonder if it was a dodgy PCB but who knows.

Sponsored Links
Some components of the pilot have a tendency to burn out and cause delayed pilot ign. As said the safest route is to have it checked by a RGI who will be able to do all the very important safety checks on this boiler.

I've not had an engineers out but it looks like its the PCB. With the bottom cover off the boiler if you tap the PCB once it ignites every time. Recon PCB ordered.
Hope this helps someone else.

It might have just been a not very good plug or wire connection to the pcb.

I am generally not much in favour of repaired pcbs.

Tony

It looks like it could have been dried out solder to me as I took the board out and it would only part light the burners, I had to leave the board at an angle on the pegs to get it to work again. I think a reflow would get the board back to full working order but I'm not capable enough lol.
Hopefully the boiler will last a bit longer and the pcb has a years warranty.

If you had taken the pcb to a tv repair shop they would probably have reflowed the main joints for about £20 or less!

I'll bare that in mind next time but I just wanted a fix and the seller stated if the board had been DIY tampered with they wouldn't accept an exchange.
I paid £42.50 Inc postage and my old PCB in exchange.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back