Potterton Netaheat Electronic 10/16; NEED GAS VALVE ASAP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Its snowing, cold outside, and getting colder inside by the minute.. We're having problems trying to locate a gas valve for our obsolete boiler, part number 402872, 25K49h49 - can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Gas valve for electronic model unobtainable except from private sellers/ebay etc.

Why do you need a gas valve?
What problem does your boiler have?

Everything else appears to be working, the boiler tries to fire up when we increase the stat temperature, pilot light working etc. Our plumber says it was either going to be the control unit or the gas valve, but we have checked the control unit (hubby an electrician), and plumber says it must be gas valve....?

Sponsored Links
I dont think you should be chasing an unobtainable expensive part unless a component boiler engineer had diagnosed the valve as faulty.

What electrical tests did the "plumber" do on the gas valve?

( I think I saw one of those in my cupboard yesterday ! )

Are you in L/S or Cov?

Tony

If it gets as far as pilot light then it will probably be the second solenode which can be changed if your husband is a electrician you will need a RGI to remove the gas valve to do this, i have some of these if you are interested.

Hi Tony. I know hubby used his multi-meter and T2/3/4 were mentioned. Sorry i'm not much use, I'll get Pete to fill you in. (i'm a nurse - but can't diagnose this problem i'm afraid!) :cry:

Have just checked the coil resistance on the two solenoids: one measures 2.72 k and the other one no reading. have you got another solenoid coil?
Lyn / Pete

Doubt he still needs one, after a year he's either replaced the valve or the whole boiler I would think.

:LOL: Good point twgas, but i wonder if lyn2pete had his sex change, would make better reading.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back