Solenoid for Gas Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton 16-22 Electronic which is fitted with a Gas Valve of Type 25K 49H-49 and Part Number 402872.
The problem is that there is an open circuit measured at the ends of the wires which connect into the solenoid for the main burner (between white and blue wires). This is not always the case, sometimes it is approximately 4 kOhm. Sometimes the burner lights and sometimes it does not which is not surprising with such an obvious electrical fault.
NOTE that the control box always correctly applies 240 V across the wires, i.e the control box is not at fault.

I realise that the Gas Valve is now obsolete and where I have seen one, the cost is around £300.00 which I don't believe to be cost effective.
Does anyone know the part number of the solenoid or if they are still available?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back