Honeywell V4700E Gas valve solenoid replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a gas valve in the boiler (Glow Worm EP30B). The model number of the valve is Honeywell V4700E 1056. It has been diagnosed that the solenoid is faulty. We got a new solenoid. It will be very helpful if anybody could give us any tip on replacing the solenoid.
Thanks and in Advance

Sponsored Links
It will be very helpful if anybody could give us any tip on replacing the solenoid.
Thanks and in Advance

as its not a diy job, like most gas boiler repairs, the only way forward is to employ a registered gas installer.

you wont get diy gas advice on here ;)

If your on about the little red or black cylinderical solenoid .

Then this doesnt need the gas to be disturbed in any way its held in place with a little clip that just pushes out, of the cradle solenoid sit in.
Part around 20 quid.
If main burner is not coming on make sure the green button is not sticking in and is fully coming out

Hi Namsag,
It seems you always contribute to solve problems. I have read the forum and found that you have contributed many times to solve problems. My solenoid will arrive tomorrow. I will attach the solenoid and see if it starts the boiler.
As per your suggestion I have taken out the L shaped this clip. I pushed it to the side with something and it came out. Then I pulled the solenoid out of the rod. Such a simple but effective mechanism.
Will let you know how it goes. All credit goes to you.
Regards,
SU

Sponsored Links
My Central heating is working again. I changed the solenoid and it started working again. Many thanks to namsag.

Glad to have been of help which is what the site is all about ;)

Glad to have been of help which is what the site is all about ;)

Hi there with out question you seem to be the person to ask so here goes.
I have a Honeywell V4700E gas control valve,my question is this how do i know for sure that the solenoid needs replacing.when i turn the heating on the boiler fires up for about 3 to 4 mins then goes back to the pilot light when this does this i have checked if there is still a supply going to the solenoid and there is.am i right in asuming that if theres a supply going to the solenoid then the solenoid should be open.

Yes as long as there is 230Vac at the coil the valve should be open solenoid valves often fail once they have heated up so yours in a classic intermittant solenoid fault and fortunately changing the coil does not involve breaking into a gas pipe or the need to adjust anything afterwards!! ;)

Yes as long as there is 230Vac at the coil the valve should be open solenoid valves often fail once they have heated up so yours in a classic intermittant solenoid fault and fortunately changing the coil does not involve breaking into a gas pipe or the need to adjust anything afterwards!! ;)

Thanks very much for that boilerman2 went out and bought myself a new solenoid for £11.00 the last 2 in hull. Round trip it took me over an hour to pick it up and less than two mins to fit and hey presto warmth again,once again many thanks. :D

I do have to say that if I were to change a gas valve solenoid ( or any other work on a boiler ) then I would check the burner pressure afterwards as an RGI is expected to do.

As most DIYers will not be able to do that then I dont consider that this is really appropriate as a DIY job although I appreciate that its low risk compared with some jobs.

The gas explosion in Manchester today which demolished three houses shows just what can happen when gas work is not done safely. It is suggested that a new kitchen was being fitted there!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back