Gas valve solenoid question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible just to change the gas valve solenoid coil, the boiler is a Glowworm economy plus 40 the glowworm part number for gas valve is 800015 gc part number 313 067 think its made by honywell.

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
alrighty
the solinoid is part of a multi functional valve

yes?

in essence this is the one control but contains three controls, electrical thermostat, solenoid and thermo electric fsd

i would suggest that you save your self time money and hassel and change the full multifunctional

its a false economy :cool:

I understand what you say, but to do that I need a gas fitter, where as I can fit a solenoid coil as a qualified electrician.

So you can test that after replacing the part its working correctly NOT just working?
Im pretty sure i could replace a consumer unit,its only wires isnt it, but could i test it was working safely and correctly? No.

Sponsored Links
Get an RGI to exchange the gas valve. End of

what does the solenoid look like, is it cylinderical about an inch in length and slides onto a shaft with 2 wires attached,
If so then it will not affect the already set gas pressures on the valve or affect the integrity of the gas installation so go ahead and fit it cost about 20 quid

Far I know you can't buy the cylindrical types seperately, you have to buy the complete valve.

Baxi solo for example has the Honeywell green button valve which has a cylindrical solinoid.

as i said guys replace the whole part

it would be cheaper in the long run

not unless your van runs on fresh air and you time costs you nothing

you could run back and forth and make a clown of your self and in the end the puntter would then discover that you didnt have a clue in the first place

for the sake of common sense and dignity

bite the bullet and get it changed by a corgi or maybe a CAPITA ;) registered installer

oh i sense a debate coming

Thanks for the sensible advise.
The gas valve is Honeywell V4700E. I can see the soleniod coil is held on by a clip but I`m blowed if I can see how to release it any ideas please.

John

IT just pushes out to the side. If its that solenoid gone then don`t worry about changing whole valve have done hundreds off these with no need for a complete valve .

Brilliant done that thanks.

fault is boiler main flame goes out after a few mins, coil loses magatism when coil warms up due to flow of electrons, if I use electronic freezer spray on coil I can keep main flame on.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back