Potterton netaheat that has flummoxed all!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton netaheat, been great and reliable until now. Flummoxed most heating engineers. It started blowing the 3 amp fuse and fuse on the psb. So a new psb, air prssure switch put in, timer but still not working, so new fan put in, still not working. Any ideas please? :(

Sponsored Links
presuming its a internal boiler fault unlpug everything from board and then plug things back in one at a time until bang :eek: you need plenty of spare board fuses though!

You should try disconnecting all ancilliaries before switching on. Disconnect everything. Then power on. If the fuse blows you need to check the power line up to all ancilliary connectors. There will be a short somewhere. Turn the power off before checking obviously. If not, then connect each ancilliary in turn starting with the circuit board. It should be ok as you've replaced it but don't take anything for granted. Was the replacement brand new or reconditioned?
If that's ok power off, connect the fan and power up. Do that until everything is connected. You'll be able to identify the faulty item as it will blow the fuse. Hope that helps. I had one too and it was a great unit.

Sponsored Links
yes but not quite as informative as you did but i dont believe in giving toooooo much help, ive learnt the hard way :!:

Try checking the pump and zone/mid position valve.

I have a potterton netaheat, been great and reliable until now.

Flummoxed most heating engineers.

Any ideas please? :(

My idea is that you need to find a competent boiler engineer!

I just dont understand how they can just give up!

Its such a simple fault that it should hardly take more than 15 minutes to find at the most!

I suppose they did not even use a test meter?

probably just changed some parts hoping it would fix it.

I do hope that you did not pay them for fitting parts which were not the cause of the fault.

Tony

Haven't read all the posts but it's probably a worn fan.

Haven't read all the posts but it's probably a worn fan.

As he started by saying "It started blowing the 3 amp fuse and fuse on the psb. So a new psb, air prssure switch put in, timer but still not working, so new fan put in, still not working" then one hopes its not the fan.

Statistically its most likely to be the pump assuming thats supplied through the fuse which keeps blowing.

Whats worrying is that several "engineers" seem to have been unable to find such a simple fault and apparently given up.

Tony

Agree with you cider. It is like shooting oneself in the foot or depriving someone else of earnings.

Sad to see so many parts replaced without any sound reasoning.

Agile what is your number, really don't want to buy a new boiler!!
I suppose they did not even use a test meter? :(

By the way, the pump seems to be working, it was new about 6 months ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back