Potterton Powermax power issues after DIY Nest fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I recently moved into my new home and there is a potterton powermax he central heating system fitted in the house. I know there are lots of bad reviews about this product but I didn't have a choice on the model etc....anyway, I bought a Google Nest to upgrade the control of it. I turned the mains off to fit the controller, it was originally controlled by a Drayton Combi-Stat dial. Very old and outdated. I removed the old controller and put the nest on it.

There were 4 cables coming out of the wall but the nest only had 2 connectors. I identified the live and neutral and connected them. The other 2 cables, 1 being the earth and another looking like another live, I sealed and folded away. I powered the mains back on and got nothing from the nest controller. I looked at the boiler and it only had an amber glow under the power button, nothing else.

As I hadn't connected the nest heat sink yet, I decided to re-connect the Drayton controller back on and wait to fit the Nest heat sink and try again later.

Here is the problem, I get nothing from the boiler control board apart from an amber glow under the power switch. No other lights or displays. I pressed the reset button to no avail and no matter what I do that's all I get. The water boiler works when I switch it on separately but nothing from the control panel and no heat from the rads.

Is it me not doing something simple to fire the system back on or what? I'm dreading the idea that I have blown something just by connecting the nest controller.....cant see how it now doesn't work

Please, please help. I only bought the house this weekend and now I have no heating and hot water.

Oz

Sponsored Links
Hi Oz

I see you have joined fairly recently, so for future reference, I hope you don't mind me pointing out that you have already hijacked someone else's thread with this question, and have dialogue in progress. 'Hi-jacking' and 'duplication' of posts are both against the forum rules. See 5 & 6 here. Had this thread also started generating replies it would have caused confusion and possibly wasted the time of someone replying to an answer you had already received elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back