Potterton Prima F Boiler - Increasing the Pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new house has an old boiler system....the boiler in question is a Potterton Prima F, i would hazard a guess that it's really old. I've just recently bled the radiators in my house, but have not idea how to increase the pressure in my system. I tried to find a pressure gauge in the airing cupboard by the hot water tank, but can't seem to find anything that resembles a pressure gauge. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You have an open vent system, which means a header tank in the loft and water is let in via a ball valve in the header tank, no need to top up the pressure as it it isn't a pressurised system.

Thanks dean....is there a reason why some radiators don't come on and some do....even after bleeding?

Sponsored Links
Firstly make sure all valves are open and if yo have trv's check the pins aren't stuck (info in the faq's)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back