20221229_091436.jpg
20221229_091545.jpg
20221229_091550.jpg
20221229_091616.jpg

Sponsored Links
So some explanation may help:
Hive left cable permanent live and neutral, right cable HW on and CH on

Junction box:
Bottom left furthest left HW on and CH on, inner left permanent live and neutral.

Top left hot water tank

Top right mechanical valve

Bottom right go to the boiler.

Hi everyone, so I've tried something for fault diagnostic purposes. I electrically disconnected the motorised valve and used the manual override. Still have the same fault, so I'm thinking (happy to be wrong) that with the valve disconnected and the controller replaced, it rules out external inputs and it means it's a boiler problem.

Sponsored Links
So some more info. A boiler guy came round yesterday and diagnosed the problem as a PCB, we've subsequently worked out there isn't a PCB. Now what are peoples thoughts? I was thinking about the pump overrun thermostat, I wasn't sure because how would it fire up the boiler. I am wondering if it's broken down and putting a live back though (via brown wire in the diagram below)

Screenshot_20230107_082742_Chrome.jpg

Contrary to your assumptions earlier your motorised valve does open on heating demand, when the Ghost on you refer to does the pump only run, or does the boiler actually fire at the same time ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back