Potterton Puma 100e AAV Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anybody is able to offer some advise please, I have a Potterton Puma 100e combi boiler and today when the hot water is being run there is air escaping from the Automatic Air Vent. The boiler is serviced and the AAV was replaced about 4 months ago by my friend who is a plumber, since he has passed away i don't have another plumber yet to ask, any advise on what the problem might be would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Air or steam?

Is it when the waters being drawn or after the taps been turned off? Flow switch sticking after tap turned off is pretty common.

Hi rob, I think it is steam starts after the tap has been on and carries on after the tap is off. The boiler actually sounds like a kettle now when it is heating! Still seems to work just sounds very sickly.

Sponsored Links
If the aav was replaced because it was leaking, you probably got the same problem happening again. 5 get you 10 corrosion is causing this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back