potterton suprima 40 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok hi all,hope i can get some help here.I have a potterton suprima 40 hot water boiler.Well the boiler is about 4yrs old and 2 years ago the pcb board was changed to resolve the problem,yeh u guessed it,it kept resetting and switching off and starting again.
Well it started happening again,so i changed the board again(yeh another £160) and it seemed to fix the problem for 24hrs until it started happening again,the problem is back :(.
Anyway im at a loss as to what to try next,seriously considering just getting a new system which if i do wont be a potterton brand.Anyway as this is a lot of money to keep shelling out i am just wondering if any1 has a solution to the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated and no im not a plumber,but have general diy knowledge.

Sponsored Links
So I changed the PCB again £160.

I will not repeat the previous post I made regarding Suprima faults but I would put money on this boiler and the majotity of Suprima (and many others) PCB replacements were compleatly unnecessary but The BOILER GETS THE BLAME!!!!

Have you checked the tempreture of the water in the boiler? No I bet! Have you checked that the pump is operating correctly? Again I bet the answer is no. But you have decided the boiler is c**p!

With any boiler (particually modern low water content ones) reduced flow = boiler overheating = boiler cuts out. It's supposed to do that.

Alan

ok prob fixed with the help of a friend who IS a qualified heating engineer,dont know what he done but after tinkering around for 30mins he managed to get it back working.
He is also gonnae get those old cards tested out for me to see if in fact they were knackered.He also told me his company is so grateful to potterton boilers for creating work for him and them.He said it seems to be a common fault,just hope i dont ever get it again,fingers crossed.

Poor again for a while . :cry: but happy its now working again :D

Hi All,

Does anyone know what is actually failing on the PCB? Is it a software problem or a hardware problem? If it is a hardware problem then it might not be that difficult to fix?

Thanks

Happysparks

Sponsored Links
WATCHDOG is all that needs to be said go to their website read and digest then start on poxy batterton for a free fix!
its costing them a fortune :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Kevindgas,

Yep done that and I received a letter extremely quickly. Now I have to book an 'Engineer' rather than a Technician (not sure if this indicates the skill level, the size of the problem or the misconception of the industry) who will come and have a look at the issue and FOC any lockout related issue(s) - makes me wonder if they will try to lay the blame on lack of servicing or some other reason (lets hope not).
Anyone had experience of this process?

Thanks

Happysparks

AlanE said:
I will not repeat the previous post I made regarding Suprima faults but I would put money on this boiler and the majotity of Suprima (and many others) PCB replacements were compleatly unnecessary but The BOILER GETS THE BLAME!!!!

Did anybody take this guy up on his bet?

Bet you're laughing now :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back