Power Devil Angle Grinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been given a Power Devil Angle Grinder and was wondering if anyone knew of a place I can get a manual for it? Or are these sorts of tools fairly standard across the board? I've never used one before you see :)

Sponsored Links
Use it with care and intelligence, always use the correct abrasive discs, and always wear eye protection.
Be ready for quite a kick when you first switch it on, they attain speed rapidly, wait till the disc has stopped rotating after you have switched it off, before you put it down.

Wotan

Thanks wotan - good common sense stuff :) I was thinking more along the lines of how to change the discs and what discs I need to buy?

There are two main ways to change the disc.
One method uses two “keys”. One key is like a thin spanner, the other has the end shaped like a “C” and on each leg there will be a pin protruding.
The “thin spanner” key is placed behind the cutting disk and is used to hold the drive pin, to prevent it from turning.
The other “C” key is used to remove the lock nut, the lock nut will have two holes which line up with the two protruding pins on the “C” spanner.

The other method only uses the “C” spanner as there is a locking button (NOT the on/off button) incorporated into the grinder design which will lock the drive pin, preventing it from turning (Once it is lined up with the notch within the grinder), the “C” spanner is then used to remove the locknut.

In all cases, unplug the machine before attempting it.

I take it you were not given the “Keys” ?

There are other methods but I suspect your grinder uses the first (?)

They generally use similar methods and if you can’t find a power devil manual try searching another brand.

The discs you need will depend upon the duty you are going to use the grinder for.

When you find a manual read it through, especially the safety instructions. It is worrying with some of your statements.
Grinders are lethal machines, be carefull !!

Hopefully covered the main points but if anything is missing I''m sure someone will make additional comments.

Sponsored Links
Thanks HH1. I've got the "C" spanner and it looks like there's a button to lock it. That makes sense.

Which particular statements are worrying? I'm aware it's a lethal machine. That's why I'm posting up here for help before even attempting to use the tool.

The "I've never used one before" and the "disc changing/type of" statements.

Please, don't take offense, everyone has to learn sometime about using a machine unfamiliar to them.
It would probably be best to have someone there, who has used one before to show you what to look out for.
But other than that you're doing the next best thing and as you say, asking here.
The manual is also an invaluable source of info, even further searches on the web and don't forget youtube, there is bound to be some stuff there, good machine use and bad/dangerous use.

As said, no offense meant or anything like that. Just know that these machines can be very unkind to the operator, even experienced operators.

Thanks for clarifying :) I have no intention of doing anything silly. :) And my wife certainly has no intention of letting me get close to doing something silly!! :)

safety is paramount, there was a chap killed on here, he had fitted a saw blade to an angle grinder, it ran amok and severed the main artery in his leg, and sadly he died.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back