Power Flush - Indication of Cost Please

Most of the resident posters on here are independent installers; we don't work for free, but don't rip people of either. We are as keen to expose those who do, as you are.
The ones that work for larger companies probably share our views in this.

Hi bengasman, I quite agree with your sentiments. We have never attempted to waste people's time or haggle on price and, in all honesty, we have always engaged with local people and been treated fairly. I would never tar all craftsmen with the same brush as i know that there are good and bad in all trades. Indeed, i spent some 20 years in the motor trade so i have seen all versions of integrity!

Being in a rural area we did not have the luxury of personal recommendation with the heating as lpg accredited people are few and far between but, as i previously mentioned, this company are long established and we had used them for about five years.

Sponsored Links
Once you are satisfied that you have been ripped off, feel free to name and shame them on the forum; as long as everything is true, it will be a service to other people.
Various companies have been exposed for things like bad service, poor workmanship and overpricing.

Least for a change it doesn't appear to be BG! Not even we'd charge £375 to change a pump!!!!!! That's outrageous TBH

Agree totally. Ok, he spent time changing a bit of pipework (I wonder if that was REALLY necessary, but let's say it is) and drain down plus refill. Give him 2 hours for that plus £70 for the pump. Even at a ton an hour that makes only about £270 where I come from.
And I personally find £100 an hour for changing a pump rather high.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps they weren't Arsenal fans :evil:

5 radiators? It wouldn't usually cost that to change all of them ;)

£400.00 and we throw in a boiler service, 10% Discount to fellow Gooners on prodution of Season Ticket or Arsenal Tattoo about your person.

E.I.E

Just been quoted £780 for a power flush on our 2 bed (8 radiators) house...

initially thought that it was extremely fortunate we're renting...

then i thought i'd see what the going rate is...

interesting!

Once you are satisfied that you have been ripped off, feel free to name and shame them on the forum; as long as everything is true, it will be a service to other people.
Various companies have been exposed for things like bad service, poor workmanship and overpricing.

Hi again,

There is no question that what i have stated is the absolute truth; i only wish it was not the case. I will resolve the issue with the guy first and then post details as i do not want to give him any cause to be able to criticise me if he does carry out this threat of court action.

Best wishes

Tracey

Least for a change it doesn't appear to be BG! Not even we'd charge £375 to change a pump!!!!!! That's outrageous TBH

Hi davebgas,

No, definitely not BG. As you say, not even they are that expensive! Thanks for offering your opinion though, it is much appreciated.

Tracey

Agree totally. Ok, he spent time changing a bit of pipework (I wonder if that was REALLY necessary, but let's say it is) and drain down plus refill. Give him 2 hours for that plus £70 for the pump. Even at a ton an hour that makes only about £270 where I come from.
And I personally find £100 an hour for changing a pump rather high.

I am sure it is a rarity to see country prices exceeding those of the city, bengasman! As i mentioned, we paid this bill before the power flush was even done so i don't imagine i can get any redress now but i have definitely learned my lesson the hard way.

Thanks for providing details of the breakdown of costs.

Kind regards

Tracey

MrsWenger

Where in Cambridgeshire are you and the company based?.

Hi, i live in Wilburton near Ely and the company is based in Newmarket. Many apologies if not making this clearer earlier has caused anyone to imagine it might be a Cambridgeshire guy who is responsible.

In praise of a very local guy, we have just come back from holiday to find our heating did not work as the pilot light would not ignite and a company based in nearby Aldreth came last night, having been contacted yesterday afternoon, and replaced a thermocoupling for £70 in total.

I shudder to think what the original company would have charged for that!

Best wishes,

Tracey

Perhaps they weren't Arsenal fans :evil:

5 radiators? It wouldn't usually cost that to change all of them ;)

£400.00 and we throw in a boiler service, 10% Discount to fellow Gooners on prodution of Season Ticket or Arsenal Tattoo about your person.

E.I.E

I'll remember that, SmithyXL. I reckon i could have bought Adebayor cheaper if i had asked the original guy to replace the radiators! :LOL:

if you where in east nashville they just put a gun to your head then you know you are getting robbed

not really a lot of difference exept they where a small tad more subtle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back