POWER FLUSH WORTH THE MONEY??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Power flush needed asap. Worcster Engineers who came out to my Elderly Neighbour who had called them out £300 call out and for that told her she needed a pump but needs a powerflush before as the sludge would damage the new one. I was meant to be working away until 24th Dec but finished the work early and got home to learn about this. I went to see her and they wanted total of £1150 power flush and new pump on a
worcester bosch greenstar 24i so to get her going i fitted a old pump and threw some chemicals in but how can they justify this??

Sponsored Links
Is this a price from Worcester Bosch direct?

Or a registered installer?

How big is house?

Sponsored Links
Over heads.

British Gas quoted me close to 4k for a new boiler I had it fitted from an independent for less than 2k.

I think the fact she is elderly is irrelevant they would have given the same quote to a middle aged person if they came to the same conclusion of what needed doing.

That is a total rip off, she would be better putting that money towards a decent boiler from a good independent engineer that will include a flush with a long warranty, call Worcester and you should bet a partial refund from the fixed price call out as they couldnt fix the boiler

Perhaps we will never know.

Curious as I’ve heard rumours Worcester are or have started their own line of work that deals with flushing, system repairs etc rather than just the boilers only. I was worried about this as along with them partly owning boxt and being able to fit boilers much cheaper than rest of us they would then have their fingers in all the pies so to speak.

But if that’s the price they are quoting for a normal flush I’m not to bothered, but I’m wondering if house is huge with lots of rads or even if the fixed price repair is being included also in the price quoted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back