Power flushing

Agile said:
It would have been better had I not added the comment that "power flushing is primarily a show for the customer".
And yet the fact remains that you did.

Since most power flushing is not done properly then thats all it is ! But I now wish I had not said it as it gets repeated by people with questional motives.
Can you backpedal as quickly on one of these?

knock27.jpg

Sponsored Links
Softus, dont be so cruel ;)

with regards to the free traininng, its still advertised as free and that is what I have done.
Tony, take your £30 and shove it up your none return valve

For those who dont have a flushing kit as yet, my advice is get a Kamco and take thae training. boy you wont regret it.

Tony/Agile, word to the wise, dont come on here premoting the the benifits of flushing a system when your thoughts lie with customer show.

Coming from a BBC electronics engineer , I must now say WHAT THE F**K do you actually know

I am not quite sure what you mean Craig.

Power flushing is a very quick way to get rid of most of the mobile dirt in a heating system.

However to be effective it has to be done properly with each rad being individually flushed several times in each direction. Correct chemicals are required to be most effective.

If its just connecting up a pump with no chemicals and no individual flushing then its just a show for the customer and has little advantage in removing debris from the system.

Tony

PS
Kamco web site shows "Free Training subject to conditions". I think that you will now find that the condition to get free training is to buy one of their pumps.

121164 said:
timmy make sure you also get extra hoses for dumping, the standard ones are always to short
i use the kamco machine with the filters.
power flushing does get a bad name.i went to a job the other day to service the boiler, got talking to the customer and they told me they had a flush a year ago and still had problems, had paid £600
one look at the rads and they where double entry valves!!!!!!!!!!
if poss take kamco up on their free training

good luck grum

how do you get extra long hoses then :eek:

Sponsored Links
121164 said:
timmy make sure you also get extra hoses for dumping, the standard ones are always to short
i use the kamco machine with the filters.
power flushing does get a bad name.i went to a job the other day to service the boiler, got talking to the customer and they told me they had a flush a year ago and still had problems, had paid £600
one look at the rads and they where double entry valves
!!!!!!!!!!

Well that was clearly a "show for the customer!

Having said that properly installer double entry valves with the dispersal tube inside can be power flushed in one direction if you know how to !!!

Evidently that person did not know how though. Even introducing the correct chemical would have had some effect but I doubt they used any chemical !!!

Tony

Agile, why do you routinely assume that only you know how to do the job properly?

Many people were power flushing for years before you decided that it was actually of benefit to the system and customer, despite your previously derisory remarks.

But now, all of a sudden, you are the power flushing guru - how did that happen exactly?

It's not rocket science, so would you please stop inferring that other corgis are (a) criminals (b) incompetent (c) due to appear on rogue traders or (d) educationally sub-normal

Finally, would you please occasionally demonstrate a bit of professional courtesy?

I dont know what has prompted that outburst Mike. You have not previously posted in this thread.

I dont see why anything I have said should have made you think that I ever said that ALL CORGIs are those things.

The plain facts we see every day indicate that there are SOME who are clearly not honest or competent. That means SOME not ALL !

Just today on a day off I have encountered a boiler installer quoting a false CORGI number and a boiler inspected by someone who did not want to clean/replace the plate HE.

Tony

I understand the Non RGI thing

but whats with the unwilling to change the HE??

what does that mean?

I dont know and the tenant did not know either.

He apparently correctly suspected the plate HE but perhaps did not feel competent to remove it? Or just did not want the bother? Or he was not CORGI reg and does not touch boilers on principle?

It was somebody sent to look at the problem by the Agents. Thats often not a very competent person as few agents want to pay a competent CORGI rate.

Tony

so the long hoses :confused: :confused:

where did they go? who was selling some before on here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back