Power from an outside Socket to a shed.

Odd decision. Unless the ip66 socket backbox was too cramped/fiddly to make the swa off- but in that case I'd have left the socket alone & put the jb below with 20mm conduit linking them.

Sponsored Links
The outdoor socket was no longer required. With having a power outlet in the shed the shed door is open should any electric tools be used and they can know be plugged in there.

The socket was installed before my Grandaughter was born and now she is running around the garden I decided that for one I didn't want to take a chance that my daughter could leave the box unlocked and she could mess in it and I also didn't want any cables running where they could be a trip hazard. Not that we would use any when she was in the garden but you know what kids are like - running in and out when your trying to cut the hedges etc.

The new set up is far neater and safer and any tool cables from the shed can be routed safely out of little ones way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back