Power shower not heating - possible causes please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton AS2000x power shower which has suddenly decided only to supply warm water. The hot supply to all the taps in the house is fine however.

A Google search suggests that this kind of fault is often due to a faulty heating element BUT a search of the make and model of shower brings up "Triton AS2000X Power Shower No Heating Element" several times.

I'm just a dumb blonde, what do I know! Can someone please be kind enough to give me an idea of what the problem might be and whether I need to call in a plumber or an electrician?

Thanks ever so much.

Sponsored Links
A power shower has both a hot and cold supply fed to it and contains a pump to boost the pressure and flow. If your hot water from the taps is ok then there must be a problem with the shower. I'm not familiar with this model but could just be blocked inlet filter. A job for a plumber not an electrician.

There is no heating element on this shower. It has an integral pump in it so if you can hear this come on you wont need a sparky.
Blocked hot water filter or the manual thermostat scaled up it sounds like.

Sponsored Links
Ah ha! Thank you very much. Luckily the bill goes to my Landlord but it helps to know which tradesman to call out and what the likely cause is - I'm a little concerned about being ripped of owing to my ignorance of plumbing.

Again, thank you.

As said this shower doesn't heat water only mixes it and pumps gravity supplies.

Again the inlet filters are the first suspect.

Not really a job that needs a spark/plumber they can be checked by anyone with a bit of diy knowledge 5 min job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back