Power shower wiring

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Assuming you are qualified then, you would be happy to quote for replacing a CU sight unseen, with no idea what is there at the moment, or the number of ways it might need?

I haven't quoted for this (or any job) without being on-site.
With the EICR, the spark has the bulk of test results to hand.
Given this, I'm curious as to what issues you would expect when changing a CU (and how long it would take).

FYI, with no knowledge of what's involved, you have quoted that the quote for the 2 jobs (combined at £600) for a flat is reasonable.
To me, that seems expensive. Even at London rates.

The guy was recommended to me by a friend, and when he came to quote, he spent a half hour doing a visual inspection. Dunno about LABC, but he did say he'd give me a certificate. He said the board change would be straightforward, without the need to extend any of the cables. The flat is in one of the outer London boroughs. Is £400 to supply and fit a 10 way board excessive then? I must admit I did not get any further quotes.

Just to clarify, can you tell us how many fuses you have currently? Is this a large flat?

2x ring main 1x cooker, 1x electric heating system, 1x lighting, 1x immersion heater. I think the fashion now is to have separate radial circuits for fridge, washing machine, dishwasher etc. I haven't, they're all on the kitchen ring, but the 10 way CU was my suggestion so as to future-proof as much as possible.
It's a (quite large) purpose built 1970's 1 bedder.
As to the cost, I'm generally more comfortable going with a personal recommendation at a slightly raised cost rather than making a decision based on price alone (even though my new (0% interest rate) credit card is gonna take a bashing:)).
Chris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back