Power socket off a light switch ?

Hi EFL

Thanks for the reply. So you don't think there would be any overload on either the light or the power supply unit to the doorbell if I connected the socket to the light switch ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I looked online and I see that any work done on the consumer unit would need a certificate and would need an electrician, which would seem too costly for me.
Anyone who is competent to 'work on a consumer unit' can do so but you have already said that you would not be comfortable to do that - so, as you say, you would need to get an electrician if you wanted to go down that route.

For your information ... a few things (electrical work) need to be 'notified' to the local authority (which is often much more expensive than getting an electrician to do the work). In England, there are very few such things, but replacing a consumer unit is one of them. However, that does not apply to any other work on a CU, only its replacement.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back